Monday, August 18, 2008

Time to smell the flowers

(Some lovely, fragrant flowers that sprung out of my yard this past week... does anyone know what they are called?)



Well, I am back after a tiring weekend. The class reunion was pretty fun and it was good to see 99% of the people there (that 1% of a person acted childish and petty, but I am so beyond that!). My BFF April and her husband and my husband and I rode to the cocktail party on what I refer to as the "phat hoggz". The guys thought they were hot stuff, let me tell ya!

Matt and I on his Harley


April and I on "Reunion Day" (she is wearing higher heels, dang it!)
This is officially "Birthday Week" in this house. Brianna turns 4 on Wed, Bella turns 2 on Friday, and the joint party is on Saturday. It is like a week-long celebration every year! The cake for the party is Wall-E, who the girls are obsessed with right now. I ordered some cupcakes to eat on their actual b-days, as well. SO... basically, an entire week of cake-eating. And to top off the cleaning, planning, cooking, etc., I have been getting up at 4:50 am to go to Walmart to see if the Yo Gabba Gabba toys are on the shelf yet. Walmart is revamping the toy dept for the upcoming Christmas season, and they told me they have pallets-full of new toys they haven't put out yet. They restock during the night hours, and I have to go super-early so I can get home before Matt has to leave for work. *SIGH* And top it off with pictures tomorrow.... I hope I can wrangle them by myself!

5 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

happy birthday week! :)

my reunion is coming up too!

bunzi said...

yo gabba gabba yo gabba gabba yo gabba gabba yo! :D

i've actually watched most of the first season. we are in love w/ the aquabats!(some of the creators are from that band) walmart has those toys? yikes i want one!

SquishyCuteStuff said...

bunzi... I am just HOPING Walmart has them! LOL I know Target and ToysRUs do. Between different family members and different shopping trips, they will be getting some YGG gifts at the big party. I am trying to find the little figures in cars to give them on their actual b-days... and with Brianna's bday tomorrow, I just pray that they will be there at 4:50 am (3rd day in a row :P ).

YGG is so awesome... I think I love it more than they do. ♥

Nikki @ Saving For A Rainy Day said...

Oh My gosh!You are so cute!
I'm so glad your reunion went well.
I was on the planning committee for mine but we never got much response.

My youngest LOVES YGG. If he wakes up cranky in the middle of the night we put one of on-demand episodes on for him and he goes right back to sleep.
They have shirts for adults on
Hottopic.com I was so excited when Shiny Toy Guns were on there but they called themselves The Shinies!

Don't Bite your Friends......

Laurie said...

Thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog! And thank you for adding gabbafriends.com to your blogroll! :D

Good luck with the birthday party! I heard through the grapevine that Nick Jr.'s store is having a back to school sale, so hopefully you can find some darling yo gabba gabba toys marked down there and have them rush deliver it to you! Otherwise, I hope Walmart gets their act together! Do you have a Target or Toys r Us nearby?