Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Roly-Poly Chicken

When I went to the "Taste of Home Cooking School", they did a type of recipe I haven't done for awhile...a chicken roll-up. They are really easy and good, and I am not sure why I had abandoned them.
Basically, you take a chicken breast and cut it in half down the middle (ie. butterfly it, but cut it all the way through into two pieces). Put it between some plastic wrap and pound each piece out pretty thin. Then put a couple of tablespoons of a filling inside, roll it up, and secure with toothpicks. At the TOH show, they filled with a combo of mozzarella/Italian herbs/diced tomatoes; last night, I did a cheesy-mashed potato filling. Experiment with what you like.

Once rolled, brush them with a bit of oil and roll in seasoned crumbs. At TOH, they used the new McCormick Crusting Blends, and they are phenomenal. These are made with seasoned panko crumbs. BUT... seasoned bread crumbs would work, also.

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes on a sprayed baking pan, and there you go! I made garden-fresh lima beans and parmesan-ham dinner rolls to go with it. Quite tasty, if I say so myself ☺

♥♥♥

3 comments:

bunzi said...

nummy!

Andrea said...

my stomach just grumbled...

Anonymous said...

It sounds really good and so do those lima beans!