Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fall in line..


(The spectacular maple outside my kitchen window... try as I might, I couldn't capture the lime greens, oranges, reds, and yellows. It is just too pretty for photos!)

☺☺☺

Wow...I sure have been slacking on my blog-thing, huh? I have been busy with mundane tasks. I am trying to get Brianna's Toodee costume situated, and it is pretty cheesy. I will (reluctantly) show it to you after Halloween tomorrow ☺



Last night was pretty nice, so we decided to go for a bike ride to the local park. I guess we take it for granted, but the view from the park across the river is sooo pretty. Can you see the benches lining this raised area. People love to go sit and watch the water. I have also seen people with guitars, singing softly to themselves. If I was an artist, I would definitely fancy this as an inspirational place!



This is the actual view across the river from one of the surprisingly comfy benches. I am sitting in Iowa, but the trees you see on the other side of the Mississippi are in Illinois. A mile or two up the river, you would be able to look across and see the Mormon Temple in Nauvoo, IL.



Earlier in the summer, someone started carving this dead tree, near the benches, into an eagle. I noticed last night that it is done finally, and it looks pretty cool, huh?

I hope you all have a fantastic and safe Beggar's Night! Being Friday, you are free to party all night ☺

2 comments:

Jenny S said...

IF you were an artist? You are an artist! You create wonderful things that bring happiness :)

Can't wait to see the Halloween costume xo

Andrea said...

I'm sure it's not THAT cheesy... right? ;] can't wait to see it.

Oh, and I just want to say that I wish I had trees like that. Right now the tree outside my window is just green. :(