Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Countdown to Christmas!

As I sit here, it is now 11:01 pm on Christmas Eve. The countdown is definitely on! I am putting the finishing touches on Christmas while everyone else snores away. I have so many handmade things (gifts and edibles) that I have wanted to share with you in the last couple of days, but lack of time (and then Internet issues) kept me off the computer. Hopefully next week I can start being a better blogstress.



The last thing I did this evening was to bake a very special apple pie for tomorrow's Christmas lunch with my parents and brother. I cut out little trees and reindeer from leftover dough-bits for decoration, and gave the whole thing a good egg-washing and a sprinkle of coarse sugar. It is golden brown and sparkling.


Off to finish Santa's duties before everyone wakes again!

2 comments:

Jenny S said...

The reindeers on the pie are so sweet!
Merry Christmas, hope you and your family have a fantastic day! xo

bunzi said...

yummi1 merry christmas! :)