Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This'n'That...'n'The-Other

I have finally gotten around to cleaning up my various craftiness-strewn messes around the house, and have a few pics to share of a couple recent projects. The dawn of my new camera is literally on the horizon, so hopefully I don't have to torture you wonderful readers much longer with my less-than-adequate photography.
Here is my little bunny, made from Jennifer Murphy's instructions on Martha's website. I hope they have her on the show much more often because her critters are so adorable! Of course, my little creation isn't perfect (1st try, and all), and never nearly as cute as the real-deal. I have spoken to her a couple of times via email, and she just seems like a super nice, down-to-earth kind of craftista. Check out her website for more about her, plus links to Martha's site for the instructions/videos of her 2 segments on the show: www.jmurphybears.com
Here is a pic of my little pom-pom bunny riding my new, wonderful brass grasshopper. For a grasshopper, he moves pretty slow. Maybe he is a cricket? My 4 year old thinks so!
I got a couple of comments from my last post re: the quilling. The poster who left the link to her website should definitely be commended, because there is some really useful info there! I just decided to sit down one night and just start, already! A new episode of "Deadliest Catch" was on, hubby was finishing painting my kitchen, and it just seemed the right thing to do. Verdict: If you haven't tried quilling, just try it! For about $5 at Hobby Lobby, you can buy a kit ($2.25) and a slotted tool ($3) to roll the paper, plus some good craft glue and tweezer are pretty essential. It really isn't hard at all, and the Lake City Craft Co. stuff has really good directions and diagrams. It is a bit time-consuming (probably cuz I am a beginner), but the results are really amazing.

I will probably tackle this project in more depth when I have more time... when might that be, perhaps?

I shall be back with some pics of some wonderful yard sale finds from this past weekend!

No comments: