Tuesday, November 4, 2008

As American as...

Mmm...apple pie!
I decided to make some tonight for an after-dinner treat. I use Martha's pate brisee recipe for the crust, which is sooo easy and soft/flaky. I was too lazy to make two crusts, so I did a crumb topping. The girls and I didn't want to wait for it to cool, because we like to put Cool Whip on top and let it melt!

So good, let me tell ya ☺

Lick the bowl clean, she did!
I have been watching the results of the election this evening with the rest of the nation. I have voted a few times before, but I don't even remember for whom! LOL With the changes in the world, and having kids now, this election just seems so much more important.
Or, maybe I am just growing up?
I hope you all got out and voted! It is pretty obvious who is going to win, at this point. Let's all just pray that the new president will lead our country with a genuine servant's heart.

2 comments:

58 Cherries said...

Mmm...apple pie. I used to hate it as a kid, but my mom started making this apple nut pie a few years ago and it is sooo good that I've been won over to the idea. And warm pie straight from the oven is simply the best. ;)

Very cute pic, by the way. Licking her plate clean - what a great compliment to the chef! lol Boy was tonight exciting - I'm so tired, but too riled up to sleep just yet.

Andrea said...

yummy! I'm hungry now. ;] and your daughter looks adorable