Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Dose of Cute


It has been a while since I showed you anything crafty, and I want to share this little guy! I made it with this free pattern on Owlishly . The original pattern calls it a girl, but the finished product reminds me of an elf or a little beard-less gnome. I think I will add a white pom-pom to the tip of the hat!

You will see that my little fellow is squatter than the example on Owlishly. I think I can attribute this to a) I tend to stitch too tightly, and b) my yarn isn't worsted-weight. Anyway, I think I might end up making two more of these (using different size hooks) to have a little trio of multi-sized elfs.

This amazing ornament was found a few days ago in the Christmas stuff at Wal-Mart! It was the only one left, and I had to have it. The bird silhouette goes perfectly with the bird decals in my kitchen. I would like a few more of these and make a cluster. Best part: it is only $2!! Better go check out Wal-Mart. They have some really cool, vintagey ornaments. Can you say acorns and mushrooms?

More SQUISHY cuteness tomorrow...off to dance class with the kiddies ☺

ps...I apologize for the weird spacing and issues with my hyperlinks lately. Is anyone else having this problem with Blogger? The preview looks fine, but it is all wonky on my blog page :P

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Love all the squishy cuteness! owlishy definitely has some great patterns. and that ornament is really cool! :]

P.S. I don't have any problems on my blog, but I have noticed other blogs with your kind of problem with spacing. I'm sure blogger will fix it soon.

Hello, I'm Sally. said...

I like your cute little elf!

I have been having the same probs with blogger. I tried to reset it a few times and just gave up.

Unknown said...

how cute! i love that :D i think every time you edit a post blogger puts in additional line breaks so you have to delete them if you edit something :( sucks

SquishyCuteStuff said...

My problem is, it is deleting my line-breaks! I will have everything all nice and spaced, will preview and save it. When published, all of my spacing is gone (the "Drinky-poo" post was the worst case of this). This current post I didn't have any problems. Maybe they fixed whatever glitch I was having ☺

bunzi said...

love your little guy!