Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Recipe testing, the last chapter

I ended up doing a total of three recipe-tests for the new cookbook. I would have loved to do more, but having all of these baked goods in the house when you are trying to lose weight is not a good thing! The last recipe was an easy, fast, and delicious one for Pineapple Bread. A super-quick bread that vanished super-fast between my two girls!


The dry ingredients were whisked, and the wet ones were combined. A total of only 7 items went into this bread!


I was surprised at how light and fluffy this batter was, as compared to the much thicker/denser batter of a zucchini or Amish friendship bread.


The batter was poured into a greased loaf pan and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Although the directions stated to bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, I found it to be completely done at 30-40 minutes... just another reason these recipes are tested!


I had to snap a quick photo before it was all gone! A light, pineapple-y sweet bread with a cinnamon-sugar crust. Perfect for breakfast or snacking ☺

Whew, finally a recipe that didn't give me too many fits. Kevin currently has the first-draft of the book in his hands, and it is scheduled to be released this Fall. I think it will be an amazing book of recipes and stories, which I am looking quite forward to. I will share more with you all when the time comes!

2 comments:

Paula said...

pineapple bread? Never heard of such a thing. Sounds like something my MIL would love. DH wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole, but he's not a picky eater :) Glad one of the recipes behaved.

Mytutorlist.com said...

Mmm, it looks good!