Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lucky 13



(Matt's Senior Prom '96... the day before my 16th birthday! God, to be that skinny again...)

Today marks the 13th anniversary of when Matt and I "officially" began dating. We met in January, and when I came home from school on Valentine's Day, there was a rose and a huge Tazmanian Devil balloon waiting for me. I took him to my Valentine's Dance the following Saturday (we lived in two different towns), and we have been inseparable since!
(Here we are today, older and plumper, but still pretty happy ☺)
After 3 weeks off of work with a hurt back, he finally went back today. I plan on making his favorite supper, sweet & sour chicken. Hopefully I can also get the house in decent order, which isn't easy with the minor construction going on in my living/dining rooms. I wonder if he will like his gift...


6 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

Still cute! :) Congratulations!

mamahasspoken said...

CONGRADS!!! But can you let us in on the Smurf's part?

Jenny S said...

You two are so adorable at prom!
Happy 13th to both of you!! Hope you have a lovely evening
xo

bunzi said...

soo cute! congrats.

Mytutorlist.com said...

Awww, I love that high school photo. Gotta love being high school sweethearts and still going strong. That's so perfect!!!

Sounds like it will be a really good evening. I have that particular Smurf volume and it's pretty fun to watch. I never knew so much about the Smurfs until now. I think I missed a lot when I was a kid.

Paula said...

Great picture! But now I feel old. I thought we were closer in age, when really I was finished university and working when that picture was taken :(

Seriously, it's so wonderful to hear of h.s. sweethearts that make it and have a happy family.