Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Stuffed

Ugh. I am sick. After trying to deny the swollen throat I began to feel yesterday evening, I relent. Luckily, I think it is just a sinus thing and not the dreaded strep that is supposed to be making it's rounds. I am still in my pj's at 6:30 pm...I suppose I should put on some clean ones, huh?
Last night I was able to make a quick trip into Joann Fabric, and this lovely magazine jumped out at me from the shelf. I just want to go sip my tea, watch "The Biggest Loser", and rifled through it.

It seems that quite a few of the featured softie artists are fellow Etsians, which is super-awesome. I was happy to see a favorite, Annie Oakleaves, was included. This is the first issue of "Stuffed," and cheap-skate me wasn't sure about the $14.99 price tag for a magazine. BUT, I was intrigued and also was able to use my 40% off coupon towards it ☺ A quarterly mag, it is very well put together, like a soft cover craft book. There aren't many patterns in it, which is fine with me. I am enjoying the interviews and photos. After all of this CPSIA junk, I need a little positive inspiration to get me back on the sewing machine. I would highly encourage you to check this unique periodical out!
Okay, off to the couch.

I promise more later (Super Bowl party, Etsy purchases, mysterious eBay purchase, and all the other loose ends).

3 comments:

Mytutorlist.com said...

Hm... I'll have to check that out the next time I go to the store! I hope you feel better soon!

58 Cherries said...

I've been splurging on over priced magazines, too. Ouch. But so pretty! I wish I'd thought of the Jo Ann's coupon - I could have at least saved on one of them. But then...that means I have an excuse to get just one more, maybe... lol

Cindy/KS said...

Hope you are feeling better!

I am working on my 2nd pair of fingerless gloves right now, then back to my sweater. My own patterns for all.