Friday, November 7, 2008

L♥ve Birds

Aren't they sweet? I am quite proud of my swanish pair. They have been an off-and-on project for a while now, and are almost ready for the shop. (I still need to sew those feet on...LOL) Today is not a great day for pictures, as it is overcast and dreary. We even had a short bout of wet snow! I hope to get some decent pics taken and posted to the shop as soon as possible.

This one is the beautiful, graceful white swan. She is made of high-quality vinyl, wool felt, and a bit of simple embroidery. I weighted their bottoms nicely with rice so that they will stand up well. I guesstimate them to stand at 10-12 inches tall.


This one, which I introduced to you before, is the one I think of as the "Ugly Duckling", before being transformed into the lovely swan. She looks rather coy, don't you think?

I am toying around with the idea of making some baby-size versions of these, but definitely not out of vinyl. I think it add a certain charm and vintage feel to these large ones, but it would just be too hard to work with for a smaller size. Maybe fleece, instead ☺
Have a great weekend! Enjoy the weather if it is nice... or curl up with a book if it isn't.
♥♥♥

4 comments:

58 Cherries said...

Aw, cute!

Pretty Things said...

Oh, fleece would be terrific! But I like the rock and roll vibe of the black swan!

mushroommeadows said...

oh my gosh...you should totally try to make a penguin!

bunzi said...

very sweet indeed! :D